VA New England Healthcare System
About the VA New England Healthcare System
The VA New England Healthcare System is one of 18 Veterans Integrated Service Networks (VISNs) within the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) under the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). Services are provided through primary care supported by eight Joint Commission accredited medical centers. We are located throughout the six New England states - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. VISN 1 has 11 medical centers, 48 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), six community living centers and two domiciliaries.
Honor America's veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
To be the premier, integrated, academic health care system in New England, with a highly engaged team, providing exceptional care to the Veterans we serve.
Core Values - "I CARE"
Integrity - Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment - Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy - Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect - Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence - Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Brown Medical School
- Dartmouth Medical School
- Harvard Medical School
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts School of Medicine
- University of New England School of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Vermont School of Medicine
- Yale University School of Medicine
National Accreditation Organizations
- The Joint Commission
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- American Psychological Association
- American Dental Association for Advanced Dental Education
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP)
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)